|Gametype||UT2k4 Vehicle CTF|
|File Size||9.14 mb|
|Player Count||6 - 8|
|Map Description||One of the favourite VCTF maps returns in a greatly improved version!|
- Small layout, oriented to 4v4 (With more players the map may become too spammy...)
- Two different vehicles available: Scorpions and HellBenders.
- Two bases with different defense points.
- Some more defense points spread in the map to hack flagruns.
- Two well placed Redeemers to prevent excesive camping or increase your defense.
- Bot support.
I hope you'll get good framerates, If the map does not run smooth enough in your PC, you can lower your 'world detail' settings.
- High World Detail shows all the visual stuff.
- Medium World Detail removes the outer cliffs.
- Low World Detail removes most of the useless visual stuff.
- Big thanks to Philipp 'Soma' Urlich for letting me use his textures and staticmeshes from the awesome DM-CBP2-Achilles.
- Thanks to 'Strider' for the great terrain rotating tool 'UTRota'.
- Thanks to 'Hourences' for the fogring textures taken from his 'HourIndusX' texture pack.
- Thanks also to everyone that betatested the map and posted feedback in Unreal Playground and Atari forums: (See readme file).
|Review Rating|| -- |
|Overall Rating|| -- |
|No review currently available for this map.|
Click here to request a review of this map.
07-20-2005 11:10 AM EDT
|Rating: 7.5|| |
|The ceilings are a bit flat,|
but besides that the map really fits VCTF,
If this place was real somewhere, id take my gf for a picknick there, and after that....
you guessed it, fragged her with one of the vehicles :p
edit: yea i wanted to say something about the door/warp portals but i forgot lol.
07-20-2005 09:08 AM EDT
|Rating: 6.5|| |
|The map isn't half bad, the visuals of the teleporters didn't fit with the rest of the map, and neither did the occasional blueish Soma mesh. All in all looked pretty solid, keep up the work, Lecter|
07-23-2005 05:13 PM EDT
|Rating: 8|| |
07-23-2005 07:48 PM EDT
|Rating: 8|| |
|I'm not much of a reviewer, but in terms of gameplay in general, this was proved to be a challenging, and fun map to play. I hope more quality maps like this come out for vCTF.|
08-13-2005 07:41 AM EDT
|Hoho Kantham, just because you hate the map or its gameplay, it doesn't mean that the author is a terrible VCTF mapper. Basically every custom map has flaws and yeah, you can find them in this map as well but I'd be more careful when judging like that.|
08-13-2005 05:46 PM EDT
|Ok some people are not understanding what i ment by "it seems that we are 2 terrible vctf mappers"|
It's just a way to talk. Everyone will have their own taste , and personaly, camper paradise was better to play but not as beautifull as this one.
I never ment it the way that G lecter is a terrible mapper. Man, we can't even be sarcastic sometimes? Who liked retro anyway? i worked as hard as he worked on this one.
There is no vctf map that is ment to be played offline. If it's ment to be played with bots, then i don't see why it's on some servers.
The bots are terrible and they can't manta run. The way the bots will play vctf compared to humain player is far from what you imagine as i can juge. The bots are plain stupid and won't offer any fun at all. For the frame rates, they are terrible with or without players. You puted a flak inside the base, everyone are using it, they camp with the hellbender inside the base all the time and they are very hard to reach since there is some snipers.
The map is so hard to score as i mentioned, if there is at least 2 good player in one team, they will use the hellbender and snipe you in no matter of time, the scorpions are totall crap. you can't even reach the middle before you get hit/killed with like 20 fps.
This map make me very mad. Sorry.
|Wesley "Boreas" van Dijk |
09-09-2005 04:57 PM EDT
|Rating: 8|| |
|Really like this map! Proves challenging to score, looks rather nice, and well balanced in weaponry. Perhaps a larger variety of vehicles would have increased my rating a bit more.|
09-10-2005 06:39 PM EDT
|Thanks for the comments guys...|
> About the teleporters: I don't like teleporters at all, but I was forced to use them here because of balance, optimization and bots. I agree, they look a bit weird and unobvious, but they're better than a tech teleporter effect IMO...
· As I told you before, you may have played this small map in a full server, and that's why the balance got broken. The playercount is 6-8 players (maybe 10). Looking at the map stats I did not see any overuse of a weapon/vehicle, Rockets and Flak always get a similar number of frags, and the HellBender usually gets a lower number than those ones.
I hope you give it another chance with less players... ;)
· Vehicle camping is one of the main flaws of VCTF and it's very difficult to avoid. HellBender camping could become a problem here, especially with lots of players. HBs can be beaten easily from high range, but I rely on people not 'cheating' with them too much... :D Scorpions are useful to move fast through the map IMO.
· You know the bots play well enough to make this map playable offline. That doesn't mean it's not made for multiplayer though. I don't know why did you say bots can't mantarun when there is no mantas here... O_o
> @Boreas: Yeah, I wanted to add at least another vehicle, but there was not a good one between the official ones. Manta runs would ruin this level, and I can't imagine Antropolis with tanks in it... :D
Have fun! :)