|File Size||3.88 mb|
|Reviewer||AMmayhem||Awe Score: ||2.0/3|
|Date||07-27-2005||Build Score: ||2.5/3|
|Review Schema||Cast Score: ||3.0/3|
|User Point: ||0|
|Overall Score: ||7.5/10|
|ONS-Nevermore SE, the map that revived life in UT2004 for me. While not an architectural achievment, the alien world you play on has a home feel to it, with skyscrapers and the like of most cities in America. The map doesn't provide much ambience, giving you a real dead feeling to the map, as the planet was decimated, though I think some better ambience would've helped. Other various mounds of rubble and dirt give you and nodes cover from enemy fire. All but a couple that is, which still have some cover, but end up being the nodes that provide the largest battles for as they are more in the open than the other 7 nodes. And that's correct, other 7, bringing the total to 9 nodes and several different layouts.|
What struck me with this map, I felt I had a better chance on foot against vehicles. Maybe it's just my imagination, but on the other hand the cover given to nodes kind of requires vehicles to get in close to the node in order to direct fire upon it. With the close combat, gives infantry a better chance to move around and use weapons like the flak cannon and rocket launcher. Which I find more satisfying with the splash damage creating more dramatic exploding vehicles. *insert evil grin*
Item placement is very good. Lockers having at least one of the 4 main ONS weapons, Shock, Flak, Rocket, and/or Avril, so there shouldn't be a need for node hopping, unless you're really picky about your weapons. All regular vehicles are included except for the Leviathon, thankfully, I don't think it would fit well. The bases have 4 different vehicles alone, so there's still decent firepower for comebacks. Tank battles are likely to break out often, especially involving vulnerable/critical nodes. Altogether, you won't be lacking anything.
All around a definite keeper in my book. Not so much eye candy here, though still pleasing. I think any attempts to fix that may require a whole change in the map's theme, which would likely ruin it now. Frames ran great, though I did notice if you're running lower settings, while you're flying the ground will get lines through it like bad reception on TV. Nothing much else to add, if you haven't gotten it already, get it now.
06-09-2004 03:38 PM EDT
|Rating: 9|| |
this is a remake of the first version .. its more chaotick ...
1) bot are Definitively nicely pathed ..
2) gameplay ROCK!
3)u may alredy have seen this problem .. its when u put a terrain just over a brush ... it does black flat line ...
4)a lots of fun and node connection posibilyty ..
I REALY RECOMMEND THIS MAP!
the bombing run cage is a teleport by the way....
prometheus : the sky is orange.... not blue.....
06-08-2004 03:04 PM EDT
|Rating: 7|| |
|The bombing run goals seem out of place. . . Other than that, I like it|
|Prometheus NGI |
06-07-2004 03:41 PM EDT
|Changes in this version: |
- Removed 3 suggested node setups. Improved the Circle node setup and added the new Electric node setup
- Improved collision on the open buldings. Now it's possible to get inside them with vehicles or on foot
- Added a teleporter near each "base node" that leads inside the open building near it
- Added some vials and a weapon locker with an AVRiL inside each open building
- Switched Rocket Launchers and Flak Cannons positions on weapon lockers
- Added a Lightning gun inside each base
- Removed AVRiL from central node weapon locker
- Improved protection for most power nodes
- Improved protection for power cores by closing the hole above their nest
- Slightly lowered raptor's stall height
- Better looking bases
- Added borders to sidewalks
- Many small texture improvements
- Removed static meshes that obstructed some vehicle or player paths
- Replaced some static meshes with similar BSP based polys
- Fixed the problem with vehicles getting stuck above power cores
- Fixed the problem with players getting stuck behind bases perimeters
- Improved antiportal placement
- Many other, very small changes and improvements. Too many to be listed here
06-08-2004 03:02 AM EDT
|Rating: 8|| |
|Great fun ONS map|
07-27-2004 07:37 PM EDT
|Rating: 8|| |
|Definitely recommended ONS....|
08-20-2004 03:31 PM EDT
|Rating: 7.5|| |
|Most of the comments I made in regards to the original ONS-Nevermore apply here as well; the map still has the same off-kilter feeling and niggling 'problems' as its predecessor. Gameplay, however, has been tidied up considerably, and flows much better as a result. The map still doesn't hit the intangibles hard enough to make it a must-play for me, but I look forward to seeing the author's future output.|
09-01-2005 02:07 AM EDT
|Rating: 9|| |
09-01-2005 05:33 PM EDT
|Rating: 9|| |
|Even since it exist, this is one of the best ons map that actualy exist. Even the bots AI agree.|
Exelent job buddy.